Monday, August 10, 2009

The Balloon is Out

The balloon is out, or at least it's not there anymore. The procedure was quick but they weren't able to locate the balloon. The doctor thinks it may have gotten dislodged in the last week or so because they weren't able to locate it on my last ultrasound. Either way, he says it's fine. They do know that the lungs have grown and the important thing is that the balloon is no longer blocking his airway. He can now be delivered normally without an EXIT procedure. So, now we just wait and hope he stays where he is as long as possible.


-- Post From My iPhone



5 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Alina's today and wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts. I am a mom to a 5 year old CDH survivor. Continue to believe in miracles and stay positive for your little boy!!

    Tracy Meats, mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful!!! tons of love from us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your legs crossed Momma - no spicy food and no sneezing!! So glad to hear all is well. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea,
    Glad to hear that the balloon is out and that you are doing well. Please take it easy, if possible don't do anything and rest as much as you can. We are thinking about you and your little one and are praying that everything goes according to plan.
    Big hugs form the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to introduce myself to you. I found your blog through Kayla Mae. I read your blog from the beggining. I delivered our daughter Nayeli last October at UCSF. She was diagnosed with LCDH at 18 weeks utero. I also went Walnut Creek Kaiser for follow up care. We live in the East Bay area so if you need someone to talk to I am here.
    I also want to let you know we have a foundation so we want to help you with anything you need with your stay at UCSF.
    my email is elizabethnelson89@yahoo.com
    We are praying for you and your baby. Belly rubs!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete