Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Busy Day of Appointments

It was a busy day of appointments at UCSF. First I had an ultrasound, which took longer than expected. Unfortunately, after that appointment, I didn't have any time to talk with the doctors to discuss the results. The nurse did email me the LHR, which hasn't changed since our last visit. They again calculated a range of 1.2 to 1.4. After the ultrasound, I received a shot of Betamethasone, which is used to stimulate fetal lung maturation in the off chance they'll need to deliver when I have my second surgery on Monday. Then I had to drive across town to get an MRI (in San Francisco rush hour, getting across town can take a while). I was a little late but luckily, they were still able to squeeze me in. Thankfully, the baby was very cooperative and didn't move too much during the procedure. The technician said they were able to get all the images they need and I should expect the results by tomorrow. Tomorrow I will also get a second shot of Betamethasone and a Fetal ECHO to check the baby's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment