Monday, August 31, 2009

NST

I had my NST today. First they did a quick ultrasound to check the fluid and the baby's position. Yes, he's still breech! He's a stubborn little guy...let's just hope the doctors will convince him to flip at my ECV next week. I was also able to see him take practice breaths which was very comforting...he's getting ready for his journey into the real world :-) He was a little quiet during the first few minutes of the NST so I tried sucking on a blowpop (thanks for the tip Liz!) and it seemed to wake him right up. He was fine after that and the test went great..there was a good heart rate and no contractions.

I met briefly with Dr. Wu and he went over the ECV procedure next week and then what the plan is after that. If I don't end up having an emergency c-section next week then they will either induce or do a planned c-section the week of the 20th. So, we'll see. I'm just really happy I made it this far...I'll be 37 weeks by next Monday, which will make me full term. :-)


-- Post From My iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great NST results and especially for being almost 37 weeks! I always love to watch Andrew take practice breaths as well! It really helps me to think everything will turn out okay! Still praying your little one will decide to turn on his own and you won't even have to worry about next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you guys and praying that baby stays put and turns on his own.... Keep us posted and let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the blowpop trick worked for you. I used to bring a bunch with me and pass them out. I am glad the NST went well. We are praying for your baby and that he stays in his comfortable home for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you and thinking of this sweet little baby.

    If you have any questions along the way please let us know. We'll continue to follow your journey!

    Lots of Love,

    Beth & baby James xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chelsea,
    So glad that the NST went well. We're praying for your little one that he continues to do well.
    Hugs from the UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you two (three!) - just wanted you to know that we're thinking about you and will be keeping fingers and toes crossed tomorrow that baby does a turn and all is well!!!

    Love you guys - A & F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in the procedure tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and the baby today!

    ReplyDelete