Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Glad to be Back Home!

Well, I'm glad to be back home. I was discharged yesterday afternoon and am now back home resting. It was so nice to get a good night's sleep! In the hospital I was continually getting the NST (non-stress test) which monitors the baby's heart rate and my contractions. You can't really change positions with the monitors on because they'll move and have to be readjusted to find the baby's heart rate again. That along with continual visits from nurses and doctors, sleep just wasn't easy. I appreciate the great care but it is really nice to be able to sleep in my own bed.

The night following the procedure I did have some regular contractions but they weren't too concerned because I wasn't able to feel them. They also gave me regular doses of Nifedipine which is used to stop/prevent contractions.

I had an ultrasound yesterday morning and Dr. Lee called me with the results. He told me the LHR would go down after the balloon was removed and indeed it had. It's now at 0.9. He said they were happy with the results and that everything went well, but I wasn't as pleased with the news. I was hoping for a higher number or at least the same. At any rate, it is higher than when we started this whole journey. So, we've done everything we can do to give him the best chance possible. It's up to him now. All we can do is hope that I go full term and that he's a strong little guy. Both Robert and I were preemies and we fought to stay alive those first few weeks of life...I just hope that our little boy inherits that same will to live.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are home and resting in your own bed. I went with no sleep at the hospital for five days. I was starting to hear things. I finally took a sleeping pill and that knocked me out. I didnt know if Doctors and nurses were visitng me I was out. So I am glad you are home and getting your ZZZ.
    Tell your little guy to fight and give him lots of pep talks. We are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home and tell that little one to keep fighting and stay comfy a little while longer! From what I have heard, UCSF is wonderful and top notch when it comes to handling CDH cases. Nayeli's mom Liz, would be the mom to talk to for support and knowledge of UCSF. Many prayers for your family, for strength in the weeks to come.

    Hugs, Tracy Meats, mom to Ian

    ReplyDelete