Monday, August 17, 2009

34 Week Ultrasound

We went to UCSF for an ultrasound today and the LHR has gone back up to 1.2. So, that's good news. After the ultrasound, we met with Dr. Rand. He said they are concerned because the ultrasound indicated that I am at high risk for preterm labor. He said I have CMS (Chorioamniotic Membrane Separation) which isn't uncommon after fetal surgery but puts me at high risk for preterm labor. I will need to go in to UCSF each Monday for an ultrasound and an NST and to Kaiser every Wednesday and Friday for an NST. They still plan to deliver somewhere between 37 and 38 weeks but he will let me know by next Monday what they decide. I've been put on modified bed rest until delivery, which means I have to stop working for the duration of the pregnancy. We didn't plan for me to take this much time off prior to the baby being born but I guess we'll find a way to make it work. Robert should be able to take some time off after the baby's born, so that should help. These next few weeks are going to be critical so please keep those positive thoughts coming! Thank you for all your prayers and support...we really do appreciate it! :)

9 comments:

  1. Great news about the LHR. I am praying that your babys lung continue to grow and get stronger. I was told I was at high risk too. I am praying that your baby stays put until they induce. Please call me if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsea,
    Well done for having made it this far! Great news about the LHR as well. We are thinking about you and keeping fingers crossed that your little one continues to stay snug and comfy inside mummy.
    Hugs from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you at work :) all our thought as hopes are with you. so glad to hear that the number went up... that is so great!!! good job for both of you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers that precious child stays put for a couple more weeks!!! Do take care of yourself and get lots of rest. Lots of positive thoughts and energy coming your way!!

    Tracy Meats, Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for leaving a message on our blog! I've added you to our list as well and will be following your journey closely. Our thought and prayers will be with you and your family- know that you are not going through this alone. I will pray especially that you are able to wait until the anticipated induction date to deliver! If you need to talk- email me at hobbs.becky@gmail.com- I'm sure being only a week apart, we are going through a lot of the same emotions! Keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chelsea, I am sorry to hear about bed rest. It is NO FUN! But cherish the mellow time. I don't know anything about CDH or your baby's lung development... but maybe it will help you find some peace of mind to know that my boys were born at 33.5 weeks. They had to have breathing help for a few weeks, but they are good now. I will keep you all in my prayers.
    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through Nayeli's. Our son, Carter, was born around the same time as Nayeli and we've grown very close to Liz and Shane. Carter was born with LCDH, was on ECMO for 18 days and spent 115 days in the hospital. He is home now and is doing GREAT! I also had a pre-term labor scare and was put on bedrest at 31 weeks. Please contact me if you have any questions or just need help passing the time. heelsgirl2001@yahoo.com
    We'll be praying for your family and checking on often.
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelsea-

    I am so glad I found you thru Kaden's blog. Please let me know if you need anything while at UCSF. I will be following your journey and praying for your little guy to do amazing things. You are in great hands at UCSF--they were all so wonderful to us. Let me know if you need anything, or just want to talk :)BTW--get as much rest as you can now....

    Much support from Fairfield :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad the LHR has gone back up!!! We are praying for your family and that baby stays put for another couple of weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete