Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ECV it is!

Dr. Wu called me yesterday during my NST at Kaiser...which went well by the way. He was very active and his heart rate was just what it should be...and I didn't have any contractions. :)

Anyway, Dr. Wu said he brought up my options during their meeting and they didn't think I should try the Moxibustion. They felt it was risky because they really don't know enough about it. So, they thought the best option was to try the ECV and go from there. If anything goes wrong during the procedure, they will be prepared to do an emergency c-section. If it doesn't work and the baby doesn't want to move then they will schedule a c-section at around 39 weeks. If it does work (which is about 58% of the time), then they will just wait for me to go into labor. They scheduled me to go in on Sept. 9th for the procedure and I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. I've heard that it can be somewhat painful. I am just hoping it works and it's nice and quick!

6 comments:

  1. That is great that boy of yours is strong and active and you are not having any contractions. When baby Ireland's mom described the procedure on her blog, it sounded like it was very painful and an uncomfortable procedure. Best wishes it works for you and it is quick!! Flip baby flip for your mommy!!

    Positive thoughts coming your way, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsea,

    So great to hear that you little one is looking great. Good luck with the flipping, Alina had no intention on being flipped back. It's not an incredibly painful procedure, just uncomfortable so don't get scared. Just remember to breathe, that will definitely take the pain away. Good luck and hope that everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the procedure goes well- I did not have to do this, so I can not give you any info on it... but we'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news on your little one. I will be praying and thinking of you. Hope your prcocedure goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are trying to turn the baby. Did you try acupuncture? I did but only got to go in once before I had to deliver early so they never turned. They put a needle in my toes. Supposedly it really can work. I can give you the name of my guy if you want. Good luck on the procedure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to know where you're hiding 5 lbs. of baby! I am so glad to hear the appointments are going well. September 9 is a lucky day, so either way - baby turning or baby born - will be a good day. Just remember to breathe. You're a mom now, you can handle anything!! We will be thinking about you and praying. You let us know if you need ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete